EVERGREEN MIDDLE SCHOOL
Size: 25,592 SF (new)
Size: 89,284 SF (renovation)
Completion: AUGUST 2009
Delivery: HARD BID
A 25,592 SF school gymnasium / classroom addition and 89,284 SF remodel on 1.5 acres.
- Sustainable Site: Landscaped areas restored to native grasses / habitat, landscape demo reduced by 50% from original design.
- Water Efficiency: No permanent irrigation of native grass areas (approximately 50% of site), motion-sensor faucets.
- Energy Efficiency: High-efficiency heating equipment, no air conditioning, automated systems controls and measurement of performance utilized to maintain design performance of HVAC / lighting systems.
- Materials & Resources: Construction waste recycling diverted 50% of waste from landfills, reused existing building.
- Indoor Environmental Quality: Increased amounts of outdoor air and ventilation via operable windows, monitoring of CO2 levels.