ROXBOROUGH INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Size: 66,864 SF
Completion: APRIL 2008
Delivery: HARD BID
Thisproject was awarded the 2008 CEFPI Impact on Learning Award (Sustainable Category).
This is a new 66,864 square-foot, two-story elementary school with crawlspace/basement. Roxborough was designed by RB+B Architects, Inc. as one of the Douglas County School District’s energy efficient prototype schools.
Sustainable elements include the following:
- Sustainable Site: 50% of landscaped areas returned to native grasses
- Water Efficiency: Motion-sensor faucets
- Energy Efficiency: High-efficiency HVAC equipment, commissioning employed to maximize efficiency and performance of built systems, natural lighting reduced fixture / energy loads, exterior solar shading reduces heat gain
- Materials & Resources: Construction waste recycling diverted 60% of waste from landfills
- Indoor Environmental Quality: Solar tubes and exterior solar shading allow maximum natural lighting of indoor spaces, operable windows allow increased amounts of fresh air and ventilation